In 2017, New Zealand Police was 80% white, 70% male. So, we needed recruits that better reflected the real New Zealand. That's why we created a recruitment video to correct this diversity and gender imbalance and encouraged our diverse nation to sign up at newcops.co.nz.
Our video starred 70 diverse real officers, spoke to different communities and used influencers to appeal to different demographics.
Within a week of its release it:
- Reached 91.8 million people
- Saw a month's worth of enquiries in the first 24 hours
- 75% of total applicants: female, Maori, Pasifika and Asian.
- The Video saw a 615% increase in profiles opened on Newcops.co.nz, the first step for applications.
- Was the number 1 trending video on YouTube and Facebook